Thursday 9 April 2009

What I said on 'clean-sheets' run

Thursday, April 09, 2009
I remember in January this year I warned Manchester United on the effects of chasing clean sheets records.
From somewhere, back in my mind, I thought that once the clean-sheet run is broken, the team would suffer psychological effects -which in turn would jeopardize their chances of winning the title and other championships pursuit!

Well, may be I wasn't wrong! Once we conceded against Blackburn Rovers, things haven't been the same again!
..........
..........

HERE'S WHAT I SAID IN JANUARY
.............................
Thursday, 29 January 2009
Although we are winning the media has started piling pressure on Man Utd to keep up their record for further cleansheets! My call ... try to play down this 'record' thing ..., what the team needs ... is victories. If we win 1-0s, ... that's fine but we would also be fine with 2-1s, 3-2s or 4-2s.
... if we think too much of keeping clean-sheets, it could affect us (especially) when we concede a goal(s).

..................................

No comments: