Monday 6 April 2009

'Kiko' Macheda

'Kiko' is his nickname. For those who watch MUTV regularly, were not really surprized to see his magic goal, because he does it in a regular basis in the U18 and Reserve team games both at Carrington ground and away grounds. He came on and changed the game completely and United looked alive! Both Kiko and Welbeck had attempts on target in less than 10-minute cameo, taking into account that United had only 2 attempts on target for over 88 minutes!!!!

He is our 'Berbatov' of the future!

-Mosonga
.............................

Introducing... Kiko Macheda
We catch up with Italian striker Federico Macheda for chat about being a United player, and his interests off the field...

Born: Rome, 22 August 1991

Age: 17

Position: Striker

Strengths:
I think I have good technique, I’m strong and I’m a good finisher.
Ways I can improve: Everything. I must improve every part of my game, especially my heading! I try to improve on it in training. After we’ve finished the group session I’ll try and work on that part of my game.
A player at United I admire: Rooney and Tevez. They work so hard on the pitch and they are excellent finishers. They’re among the best strikers in the world and I think I can learn a lot from the way they play, while Dimitar Berbatov is a different forward altogether. At United you learn from the best.
I first got spotted: I remember it very well. There was a scout in Italy who spotted me and wanted to bring me over to Manchester. I was so pleased when I found out. I didn’t believe it at first. When I first heard about it I didn’t pay much attention because I didn’t think it was true.

Life at United:
Being a United player is very good. You’re playing for the best team in the world. I am very proud to call myself a Manchester United player. When I came here it was amazing. It’s so different to Italy. In Italy, you are completely separate from the first-team. You’re not even on the same training ground. Here, you see the players every day, speak to them, you train on the pitches near them and you eat in the canteen together.

Best moment in football so far:
Coming to play for Manchester United.



(source: www.manutd.com 06/04/2009 08:15 BST, Report by Ben Hibbs)

No comments: